Buying a caravan in a different country can be daunting as you’d think that things are done differently over in Spain. This is not the case. We follow exactly the same process that any private sales agreement would be done in the UK. In most cases the sales agreement is done between the buyer and seller (with sales documents provided by the seller).
We’ve put together a couple of pointers to follow when looking to buy a caravan in Benidorm:
- Find a caravan that you’re interested in and make contact with the seller through the contact form on the advert.
- Ask as many questions as possible – age of caravan, caravan model, any alterations that have been made, whats included (an inventory of what’s included in the sale always provides useful).
- Confirm the asking price and site fees for the plot.
- Arrange to view the caravan.
- Meet the seller and confirm the information that was previously given.
- Visit the campsite office: confirm the sites fees, Make sure all payments are upto date for that plot. Check to see whether the caravan can stay on the plot. Request a copy of the campsite rules.
- Agree a sales price.
- Place a 10% holiding deposit. Request a receipt and written inventory for the items included in the sale.
- Agree a changeover date.
- Upon changeover date arrange for remaining funds to clear the sellers account. This is generally done whilst both buyer and seller are together by way of bank transfer. Notify your bank beforehand that you’ll be making payment to avoid delays.
- Request a full sales receipt which includes both buyers and seller details – full name, address, passport numbers. Caravan model and vin number, plot number, sales inventory.
- Once the funds have cleared the sellers account, both buyer and seller will go to the office to complete the changeover.
- The office will register your details for that plot.